high res ►
truebluemeandyou: DIY Mediation or Keep Calm Jars. Reblogging because I saw a really expensive DIY today making a “timeout jar” when all you need are a few cheap ingredients. You can find glycerin at CVS, drug stores, markets etc… You could also make mini bottle pendants using this recipe. Check out supplies where I’ve listed tiny bottles in all shapes and sizes here.
DIY Meditation Jar. Great gift - put a great label on it like, “Keep Calm and Sparkle” or “Keep Calm and Glitter On” for a stressed out person (children or grownups). Saw something almost identical on Tumblr and reblogged it here but wanted to know where it came from. The idea came from Still Life with Circles here for use with children(Lower Right Photo). Her recipe has glycerin (used in all snowglobes) and liquid soap and is more snowglobe-like. Then Here We Are Together here (Left Photo) modified the recipe and added glue - go to the link to see exactly what she added.
high res ►
DIY Summer Shorts Roundup Part 1. For DIY shorts that I’ve posted go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/shorts
- Paint Scribble Jewel Embellished Jean Shorts by I Spy DIY here.
- Bleach and Paint Galaxy Shorts from 2nd Funniest Thing here.
- Bleached Shorts Failure and Success and Important Tips from Oh So Pretty here.
- Lace Insets Tutorial from Clones & Clowns here.
- DIY Easy Bleached Geometric Shorts Tutorial and Template from Boat People here.
- Faded Stamped Stars Cut Off Jeans from La Vie en Rose here.
- Faux Laser Cut Shorts from Love Aesthetics here.
- Bleached and Doodle Shorts from Dare to DIY here.
- Lace Tuxedo Stripes for Shorts Tutorial from Swellmayde here.
truebluemeandyou: Fifty Ways to Tie a Scarf Roundup. Reblogging with the original source so you can find the tutorials. For a more humorous way on wearing scarves like the “Jack Sparrow” and “Minnie Mouse” go here.
Fifty Ways to Tie a Scarf from Scarves Dot Net here (look at high res version). It says forty but they are adding new ways to tie scarves every day and if you click on a scarf there are detailed instructions and sometimes even a video to show you how to tie it. This site also has fabric care for scarves, and how to tie the following scarves and more (and numerous sub categories):
- circle scarves
- head scarves
- rectangle long scarves
- skinny scarves
- square scarves
- wrap scarves and tons more - you get the picture: everything you ever wanted to know about scarves.
high res ►
truebluemeandyou: Roundup of Nine DIY Barefoot Sandals. Another summer repost. I was just asked about summer flip flops’ DIY and am still looking on my blog for some.
Roundup of Nine DIY Barefoot Sandals. What I found: photography of ugly and pretty feet, a huge trend in baby barefoot sandals, and tons of patterns for sale on Ravelry and Etsy. This is in response to a question asked by color-is-a-way-of-life:
Hi! I’ve been looking at some barefoot sandals that I think are crocheted and I would love to know how to make them. Could you please find me a tutorial for that?
- Barefoot Beaded Sandals. Made with forgiving beading elastic (Project Wedding) here.
- Tatted Barefoot Sandals (does anyone know how to tat? I don’t, but these were pretty). From Instructables here.
- Clematis Crochet Barefoot Sandals pattern here.
- Simple Crochet Barefoot Sandals (Crochet by Cordelia) here.
- Crochet Barefoot Sandals (Crochet Pattern Central) here.
- Easy Crochet Barefoot Sandals here.
- $5.20 Barefoot Sandal Crochet Pattern on Etsy here.
- Baby Barefoot Sandals from a Tee Shirt - I’m sorry, but there are so many barefoot baby sandals out there! (Tutus & Tea Parties) here.
- Barefoot Sandles (Cut Out + Keep) here.
high res ►
Roundup of DIY Morse Code Jewelry Tutorials. When I saw Stripes and Sequins had posted Morse Code COATT $120 necklaces and $70 bracelets today (Top Photo), I knew a DIY roundup was in order. These are so easy to make and for more discussion on what words I used go here for my necklaces. For the Morse Code Chart go here, or for one with abbreviations and punctuation marks go here. Also you can use the military phonetic alphabet here or here. To make the COATT bracelets and necklaces I have posted numerous tutorials on how to attach chain to wire.
- LOVE in Morse Code Valentines Day Nail Art Tutorial from The Beauty Department here.
- DIY Inspiration: Lulu Frost Mens Morse Code Necklaces here. Really easy to make with beads.
- Knockoff Anthropologie Morse Code Necklace by Thanks, I Made It here. A favorite tutorial I have used over and over again for over a year.
- Morse Code Bracelets Using Crimp Beads Tutorial from Teahab here.
high res ►
DIY Projects from Greenie Dresses for Less. Sometimes I get messages from bloggers who want me to check out their sites and that’s how I’ve found several of my favorites. When I looked at Greenie Dresses for Less I was blown away by how much earlier she had DIYed top trends way before a lot of huge bloggers did. She has an easy to navigate DIY archives. I almost feel like I’m giving up a source that I’m going to use in the future.
- Chanel Inspired Ric Rac Trim Trench here.
- Hardware Store Rubber O Ring Braclets here.
- Slouchy Sling Bag here.
- Nautical or Any Style Brooches here.