We had a beautiful old piano that was permanently out of tune and my dad turned the frame into a desk (the one I’m writing on at the minute). All the middle bits (keys/lid/back panel) were taken out and have been just left in a pile together gathering dust. Do you have any suggestions for what you could do with it (it’s gorgeous cherry wood and it seems a waste to leave it)?
- dizzymaiden answered keetsa.com/blog/eco-friendly/jewellery-made-from-recycled-pianos (DIY Inspiration, but very cool -True Blue)
- thelittleyellowbirdthatcould answered: make it into art!
- idrowninmyowntears answered: Im big into art, i know it seems dorky but don’t waste it. I would take the parts of the piano and turn it into something, art. i would do it (a collage of the keys with old sheet music - could get it off the web or at deviantart.com and dip it in tea - True Blue)
- meghanjack answered: Maybe turn the back panel (which I’m assuming is the biggest piece?) into a head board for a bed, and turn the lid into a shelf.
- ifyoubelievehope answered: use mod podge with photos on the wood? like a photo frame..? (very cool ideas - the keys could be the frame - True Blue)
- bipolar-smile said: Are they ivory keys? Antique ivory keys can be sold to people who carve ivory and piano wire could make amazing jewelry
- nadiasmith answered: you could make a wind chime out of the keys
- insertcompanytitlehere answered: I would drill holes in the keys to put a cord thorugha and make a necklace, or nail them to a wall and make hooks to hang things on!