truebluemeandyou: Inspired Rock Specimen Art. Reblogging because this is one of my favorite posts. You can create something so personal and lovely for someone using this idea as a jumping off point. Don’t want to DIY? Go look at Cori Kindred’s site to buy.
How great are these Rock Collages by mixed media artist Cori Kindred on Etsy? Her shop is closed until 2013 but you could do something inspired by this with your favorite rocks that remind you of the qualities of someone you care about. Her website is www.corikindred.com. On my FB page I even suggested doing a “speciman” type of collection using a chewed pencil (writer’s block?) and mundane items to capture someones personality. EDIT: her Etsy store is now open.
truebluemeandyou: Roundup of 12 DIY Crystal Jewelry and Crystal Projects. I was just asked a question about where to get “rough cut crystals” and you can look on Etsy or Ebay.
Roundup of 12 DIY Crystal Jewelry and Crystal Projects I’ve Posted. You can search Etsy for “rough rock crystal beads” here and find crystals/decorative rocks in the science section of kids’ toy stores.
- Crystal Necklace Inspired by Chanel Fall 2012 (Because I’m Addicted)here.
- Chanel and Pamela Love Crystal Cuffs made from polymer clay (Dream, Create) here.
- Assad Mounser Inspired Amethyst Collar Necklace DIY from Unfortunately Oh! here.
- Spiky Crystal Ring Inspired by Pamela Love FW11 (Transient Expression) here.
- Wire Wrapped Crystal Tutorial from Meli Melo here.
- Rock Collages by mixed media artist Cori Kindred on Etsy here. Do your own specimen box with what’s meaningful to you.
- Chanel Inspired Crystal Cuff Tutorial by A Matter of Style for Style.it here.
- Rough Rock Crystal Necklace Tutorial from Transient Expression here.
- Gold Dipped Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace Tutorial from Chic Steals here.
- Gilded Geode Ring Tutorial from Swellmayde here.
- Rough Crystal Quartz Necklace Tutorial from My Chic Life here.
- Adina Mill’s Inpsired Gemstones Embedded in Polymer Clay Rings Tutorial from Lovelyish here.
If you own an image you want taken down please email me at truebluemeandyou [at] gmail [dot] com