Hi truebluemeandyou! My friend just got her first job out of college— as an elementary school teacher at a French immersion school. I want to make her something cute and teaching-themed. Can you direct me towards any DIYs you think would be a good fit? Thanks so much! :)
It’s so funny because I usually don’t post “teacher” gifts because most teachers don’t like them - BUT this is a totally different case coming from a close friend! If you google “teacher appreciation gift tutorials” or “teacher appreciation printables” you will find TONS of ideas.
I like this idea: New Teacher’s Survival Kit (and then you place everything in a nice basket with a list of what each thing represents) There are lots more ideas at this link here. *There are other lists on the internet like this for all types of gifts for all occasions.
- Mounds Candy Bar - For the mounds of information you teach
- Crayon - To color your day
- Peanuts - To remind you to get a little nutty now and then
- Band-aid - For when things get a little rough
- Marbles - To replace the ones you might lose from time to time
- Sponge -To soak up the overflow when your brain is too full
- Puzzle Piece - To remind you that without you, things wouldn’t be complete
- Lifesaver - For when you’ve had one of THOSE days
- Candy Hugs - To remind you everyone needs a hug or a compliment
- Bath Oil Beads - To remind you that your pearls of wisdom will touch many livesr
- Rubberband -To remind you to be flexible
- Matches - For those days when you feel you need to light a fire under your students
- Googley Eyes - For when you wish you REALLY did have eyes in the back of your head
- Battery - To help you keep going, and going, and going…… (like the Energizer Bunny)
- Animal Crackers - For when your classroom seems like a zoo
- Smiley Face Sticker - To remind you to wear a happy face — here’s one for when it seems difficult
- Eraser - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes.
- Mint - To remind you that you are worth a mint to us.
- Stick of Gum - To remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything
- olly Ranchers - For when you need a little happiness
- truebluemeandyou: since she taught at a French immersion school you could make her a pair of knock off Kate Spade Eiffel Tower earrings I posted here.
- Alcohol. So much better than those crappy “2 teach is 2 touch a heart 4ever” type of plaques and the teachers will appreciate the booze. (truebluemeandyou - alcohol was on my what teachers really want list as well as a photo of that type of plaque you mentioned here)
- I love getting baskets like those
- I just finished my 3rd year teaching. Post it or memo pad crafts, adorable/personalized pens, something for relaxation