high res ►
Part TWO of DIY Favorite Gifts of All Kinds. I went through my ENTIRE archive and tagged my favorites (and really popular posts) that can be easily finished by the Holidays here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/faves
- Embroidered Heart Box Tutorial from Family Chic here.
- DIY Crystal Bobby Pins Tutorial from annekata here.
- Pearl or Rhinestone Hair Combs Tutorial from flax & twine here.
- Fork Magnets Tutorial from Poopscape here.
- DIY Inspiration: Buffy the Vampire (or other pop culture icon) Definition Necklace here. From Etsy but store closed. Simple DIY with all the supplies from Michaels.
- Hobbes from the Calvin and Hobbes Comic Strip Tutorial from Instructables here. Lots of hand stitching, but cheap materials.
- Free Pattern for Sock Monkey Hats from Vintage Umbrella here. *If you like a pattern COPY IT. Just tried to post another pattern and it has been taken down. Probably not in time for Christmas - but cute.
- Altoids Tin Survival Kits from Field & Stream here.
- Easy Constellation Embroidery from A Can of Crafty Curiosities here. French knots on black fabric or a reader suggested drops of 3D beading glow in the dark paint. Harry Potter fan? Do the Draco Constellation.
high res ►
True Blue Me & You DIY Gift Guide: Earrings. I picked earrings that were doable by the holidays. To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
After Looking through many pages of earrings, these are my favorites to DIY for gifts. Part Two
- Beginner Pearl Drop Earrings Tutorial from Pink Lemonade here.
- Etoile Earrings by Kamiori Kaori Tutorial from Small Good Things here.
- Turquoise Spike and Chain Drop Earrings Tutorial from Transient Expression here.
- Modern Plexiglass Earrings Tutorial from Love Aesthetic here. *See my note on drilling plexiglass. Also you can buy really small sheets of plexiglass at Home Depot.
- Faux Suede Fringe Earrings Tutorial from Milk & Honey here.
- Les Néréides Voluptueuse et Vaporeuse Inspired Earrings Tutorial from Small Good Things here. Top Photo: $136 Les Néréides drop earrings here, Bottom Photo: DIY by Small Good Things.
- Double Spike Earrings Tutoria by holleigh from covetous creatures here.
- Polymer Clay Fake Plug Earring Tutorial by The Perfect Pear here.
- Chains and Stars Earrings with Combs Tutorial from Teahab here.
high res ►
Crafts Kids Can Make for the Holidays Part Two. Some of these projects require the help of an adult depending on age. Gifts for parents, friends, family etc…
For more DIY gift ideas go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
- Easy Braided Bead Necklace from Tara Fra Sahara here. An older child could do this, it’s basically braiding beads into the strand.
- Aluminum Foil Leaf Relief Tutorial from Cassie Stephens here.
- Easy Elastic Beaded Bracelets Tutorial from Craft and Creativity here. I’ve given these as “kits” and based on the age of the child filled them with different types of beads - see link.
- Roundup of DIY Galaxy and Glow In The Dark Jars Tutorials here.
- Rock Monsters with Googly Eyes Tutorial from Coast Inspired Creations here.
- Alka-Seltzer Lava Lamp Tutorial from The 36th Avenue here.
- Rubber Band Chain Necklace and Bracelet Tutorial from Rags to Couture here.
- Handprint and Footprint Flag Tutorial from Serendiptiy here.
- Easy Perler Beads Plastic Bowl Tutorial from How to Nest for Less here. Aldult supervision. *I’d use an old bowl.