high res ►
Part TWO of DIY Favorite Gifts of All Kinds. I went through my ENTIRE archive and tagged my favorites (and really popular posts) that can be easily finished by the Holidays here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/faves
- Embroidered Heart Box Tutorial from Family Chic here.
- DIY Crystal Bobby Pins Tutorial from annekata here.
- Pearl or Rhinestone Hair Combs Tutorial from flax & twine here.
- Fork Magnets Tutorial from Poopscape here.
- DIY Inspiration: Buffy the Vampire (or other pop culture icon) Definition Necklace here. From Etsy but store closed. Simple DIY with all the supplies from Michaels.
- Hobbes from the Calvin and Hobbes Comic Strip Tutorial from Instructables here. Lots of hand stitching, but cheap materials.
- Free Pattern for Sock Monkey Hats from Vintage Umbrella here. *If you like a pattern COPY IT. Just tried to post another pattern and it has been taken down. Probably not in time for Christmas - but cute.
- Altoids Tin Survival Kits from Field & Stream here.
- Easy Constellation Embroidery from A Can of Crafty Curiosities here. French knots on black fabric or a reader suggested drops of 3D beading glow in the dark paint. Harry Potter fan? Do the Draco Constellation.
high res ►
True Blue Me & You DIY Gift Guide: Earrings. I picked earrings that were doable by the holidays. To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
After Looking through many pages of earrings, these are my favorites to DIY for gifts. Part Two
- Beginner Pearl Drop Earrings Tutorial from Pink Lemonade here.
- Etoile Earrings by Kamiori Kaori Tutorial from Small Good Things here.
- Turquoise Spike and Chain Drop Earrings Tutorial from Transient Expression here.
- Modern Plexiglass Earrings Tutorial from Love Aesthetic here. *See my note on drilling plexiglass. Also you can buy really small sheets of plexiglass at Home Depot.
- Faux Suede Fringe Earrings Tutorial from Milk & Honey here.
- Les Néréides Voluptueuse et Vaporeuse Inspired Earrings Tutorial from Small Good Things here. Top Photo: $136 Les Néréides drop earrings here, Bottom Photo: DIY by Small Good Things.
- Double Spike Earrings Tutoria by holleigh from covetous creatures here.
- Polymer Clay Fake Plug Earring Tutorial by The Perfect Pear here.
- Chains and Stars Earrings with Combs Tutorial from Teahab here.
high res ►
Crafts Kids Can Make for the Holidays Part Two. Some of these projects require the help of an adult depending on age. Gifts for parents, friends, family etc…
For more DIY gift ideas go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
- Easy Braided Bead Necklace from Tara Fra Sahara here. An older child could do this, it’s basically braiding beads into the strand.
- Aluminum Foil Leaf Relief Tutorial from Cassie Stephens here.
- Easy Elastic Beaded Bracelets Tutorial from Craft and Creativity here. I’ve given these as “kits” and based on the age of the child filled them with different types of beads - see link.
- Roundup of DIY Galaxy and Glow In The Dark Jars Tutorials here.
- Rock Monsters with Googly Eyes Tutorial from Coast Inspired Creations here.
- Alka-Seltzer Lava Lamp Tutorial from The 36th Avenue here.
- Rubber Band Chain Necklace and Bracelet Tutorial from Rags to Couture here.
- Handprint and Footprint Flag Tutorial from Serendiptiy here.
- Easy Perler Beads Plastic Bowl Tutorial from How to Nest for Less here. Aldult supervision. *I’d use an old bowl.
high res ►
True Blue Me & You DIY Gift Guide: Friendship Bracelets (necklace and pin). To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
After Looking through lots of Friendship Bracelets, these are my Favorite to DIY for Gifts. Part Two
- Three Restyles for Friendship Bracelets from Honestly…WTF here.
- Square Stitch Safety Pin Friendship Pins Tutorial from Bella Online here. *Not a bracelet but cute gift/stocking stuffer/fund raiser project.
- Beginner’s Friendship Bracelet Tutorial from Honestly…WTF here.
- Braided Fishtail Friendship Bracelet Tutorial from stripes + sequins here.
- Braided Leather, Thread and Chain Friendship Bracelet Tutorial from into mind here.
- Macrame Friendship Bracelet Done Three Ways Tutorial from The Purl Bee here.
- Braided Seed Bead Friendship Necklace Tutorial from remarkably domestic here.
- Ten Strand and Eight Strand Chevron Braided Friendship Bracelets Tutorials from By Wilma here.
- DIY Friendship Bracelet Patterns Site: friendship-bracelets.net here.
high res ►
True Blue Me & You DIY Gift Guide: Rings. To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
After Looking through pages of Rings, these are my Favorites to DIY for Gifts. Part Two
- Delicate Gold Chain Rings Tutorial from a pair & a spare here.
- Chain Rings Tutorial by Wobisobi here.
- You Spark Up My Life Electrical Wire Ring Tutorial from Grain here.
- Miniature Teacup Ring Tutorial by a pair & a spare here. If you can use glue you can make this.
- Shrink Plastic Ring Tutorial from Planet June here.
- Beaded Wire Wrapped Double Ring Tutorial from The Creative Muslimah here.
- Wire Bow Ring Tutorials from Bettina’s Blog here and I Spy DIY here.
- Nail Polish Jewelry Tutorial from My Awesome Beauty here.
- Acorn Top Birds’ Nest Ring Tutorial from Salt Tree here.
high res ►
True Blue Me & You DIY Gift Guide: Necklaces. To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
After Looking through 59 pages of Necklaces, these are my Favorites to DIY for Gifts. Part Two
- Really Easy Glass Tile Pendant Tutorial from Sabby in Surburbia here.
- Golden Snitch Necklace Tutorial by jessyratfink at Instructables here.
- Jolita Inspired Mourning Necklace from Thanks, I Made It here. This is one of my absolute all time favorites.
- Easy Pearl and Leather Necklace and Earrings Tutorial from …Love Maegan here. This is so easy and uses the Lark’s Head Knot.
- Crochet Necklace Tutorial from el cuaderno de ideas here.
- Salt Dough Heart Necklace Tutorial from Smile Monsters here.
- Easy Netted Stone or Sea Glass Necklace Tutorial from Lune here.
- Anthropologie Knockoff Morse Code Necklace Tutorial from Thanks, I Made It here. *I made these last Christmas for lots of friends :) Include a Morse Code Chart like I did when giving as a gift.
- Ten Anthropologie Knockoff Jewelry Tutorials here.