DIY Tee Shirt Yarn Sweater Tutorial and Pattern from inspiration & realisation. Top Left Photo: Richard Nicoll Resort 2015 here, Top Right Photo and Bottom Photos: DIYs by inspiration & realisation.
Not only does this post contain a free pattern with lots of tips for knitting this sweater made from 7 tee shirts for yarn, but it contains links to Donatella’s other tutorials to help make this sweater for less:
- How to make tee shirt yarn (one of the best DIYs on tee shirt yarn)
- DIY 24”/60 cm circular knitting needles size US 19/15 mm
- DIY 8”/20cm double pointed needles size US 19/15mm
For a fun DIY Extreme Knitting Roundup go here.
DIY Extreme Knitting Roundup.
- DIY Extreme Knit Blanket from In The Loop here. She uses up to 25mm needles (US size 50) and 20 strands of yarns.
- DIY Giant Regular and Circular Needles from inspiration & realisation here. These are size size 36 US/20mm needles. Also see inspiration & realisation’s rug made with these needles here.
- Pixie Dust Knitted Lap Blanket Pattern from The Purl Bee here.This project uses US #36, 32 or 40 inch circular needles.
- DIY Giganto Blanket Knitting Pattern and Tutorial from Nocturnal Knits here. You an see more photos on Ravelry which you must sign up for (which it really worth doing because of all the wonderful free and pay patterns on the site - and no spam).
"This enormous blanket is knit on 1 1/2” PVC pipe, using slightly-felted superwash (yes, you read that right) unspun wool roving. This pattern is more of a tutorial, as the pattern is: CO 28, k2 p2, BO!
If you’ve ever wanted to knit in a gigantic gauge, this pattern teaches you where to find the raw materials, how to create “yarn” and “needles” from unusual objects, and finally how to knit up your very own giganto-blanket!”
DIY Giant Size 36 Circular Knitting Needles Tutorial from inspiration & realisation here. I posted her size 36 Eu 20mm giant knitting needles here. For other projects using giant needles go here, here and here.
*She made both pairs of needles for less than $5.
DIY Pixie Dust Knitted Lap Blanket Pattern from The Purl Bee here. Love this blanket! But if I buy 7 skeins of their $36.60 yarn my price (before the $30 needles) would be $256.20 (before shipping). But if I made my own needles (tutorial here) and used less expensive yarn, maybe doubling it with sparkly novelty yarn, it may be within my budget.