DIY Zombie Nesting Dolls. I posted these nesting dolls about 3 years ago ($100 from Etsy Store PsandQs that is now gone). I found these blank nesting dolls from Golden Cockerel here. You can get huge expensive sets or cheap small ones - just google “Russian Nesting Dolls”. Paint, decoupage or Sharpie your zombies (make sure sharpies don’t bleed by testing them on the bottom).
Thinking Outside the Box: Crafting with Dolls. Top Photo: "Quick SAVE the BABEE from the Gator - Vintage Doll in Jaws of Alligator Taxidermy Head" from the Etsy Store of EarthSeaWarrior. Bottom Collage: Roundup of 9 Creepy Doll Tutorials. Note #2 for Valentine’s Day with possible captions of: big hugs, I never want to let you go, come to baby, etc…
DIY Roundup 9 Creepy Doll Tutorials. The numbers in the collage are from one of my favorite free fonts: A Lolita Scorned here.
- Zombie Barbie from Cut Out + Keep here.
- I Need You Card from Aunt Peaches (or come to mommy, come to daddy) here.
- Nightlight from Mark Montano here.
- Natasha’s Baby Doll Coat Rack at Design Sponge here.
- Feeling Needled Doll Pincushion from Larks Crafts here (available in male and female versions).
- Doll Arm Jewelry Display from DIY Fashion here.
- Free Knitting Pattern for Voodoo Doll Pincushion from Creations of Crazy Dazy here.
- Barbie Pinheads Tutorial by kcli from Craftster here.
- Exploding Chest Zombie Doll from Instructables here.
DIY Barbie Pinheads Tutorial by kcli from Craftster here. The doll heads were from Dollar Tree. For more quirky/creepy doll DIYs go here.
After minimal brain surgery (i.e. using an exacto to remove the scalp close to the hairline), a foam ball (sold 8 to a package for $1) is wrapped with scrap yarn and then hot glued into the braincase to give these gals a purpose in life.