I got a message asking:
So I bought three pairs of shorts that are the same style but different colors, and I was wondering if you had any DIY for something I could do to change them up?
- DIY Easy Embroidered Shorts (My Junky Box) here,
- DIY Jeans to Shorts with Added Geometric Painting (Into the Wild)
here BLOG DEAD.
- DIY Ripped Heart Detail on Denim (The Work Is Getting To Me) here,
- DIY DSquared2 Pom Pom Shorts (Cheap Chic Obsession) here.
I have four pages of ideas for shorts. Shorts with fringe, frayed hearts, lace, bows, beads, roundups of DIY shorts on Tumblr, etc… here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/shorts
DIY Sequin Beaded Topshop Shorts Knockoff Tutorial. Top Photo: $70 Topshop Shorts here, Bottom Photo: DIY and small tutorial at Crimenes de la Moda here. *I know some of my friends dislike gluing things onto fabric - but wouldn’t this be faster and still durable if you glued the sequins and beads on then hand washed the shorts?
Eight Shorts from DIY People on Tumblr and One Tutorial on Ripping Designs into Shorts. All photos linked to Tumblr blog posts, and again, go to the blogs to see better photos:
- blanc-corneille Cut your shorts too short? Add lace to the bottom and add a bow to the belt loop.
- lwoodzz Bleached and then dyed rainbow shorts (seriously, go to post for better photos because I chopped them up to fit a square)
- littlefashionblondie Cross studded shorts (she’s selling them on Ebay UK)
- kiuii Black lace pocket detail (go to link for the studs on the front and better photos of the entire project, scroll down a few posts)
- throughkaleidoscopeyes Braided denim trim on pockets
- dreamingyoungwildandfree Studded galaxy shorts
- lifeisaspecialoccasion Patchwork shorts (not 100% these are DIY because they weren’t tagged)
- m-a-k-a-y-l-a Dip dyed, studded and bleached shorts. I like how these are done in the opposite direction you normally see and the studs are spread out.
- DIY Ripped Heart Detail. This isn’t from a Tumblr blog but a DIY I posted from The Work is Getting to Me here.