Do you have any ideas for things to do to a denim jacket? I’ve already cut off the sleeves
truebluemeandyou: Go to truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/jacket and I’ve posted vests with inserted sweater sleeves and a restyled jacket with leather sleeves.There is also a cool button back (skull) denim jacket tutorial here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/post/10640376036/diy-embellished-skull-button-back-jean-jacket-tutorial
- callasoreon answered: You can make really cool designs with safety pins!
- knitted sleeves or use the sleeves of a sweater or a sweatshirt!
- you can add patches to it, like these http://www.iamvibes.co.uk/products
truebluemeandyou: you can also get different looks if you don’t want to embroider or use patches with iron on tee shirt paper.
- Are we still doing the ombré thing? Could dip dye or bleach it
- I love cutting out the back and replacing it with lace, or adding lace detailing on the pockets. (See the A Beautiful Mess denim shirt tutorial.)
- bleach it ! or just the top or bottom half far a gradient affect.
- I added pom pom trim to mine - it was really quick and easy