high res ►
DIY Miniature Polymer Clay Dessert Jewelry Tutorials from Ice Pandora. I rarely see tutorials for polymer clay food so I was happy to find this site. As always be careful with polymer clay. Whatever touches polymer clay cannot be used with or on food again, and for extra caution bake covered with aluminum foil.
DIY Speckled Egg Cake Tutorial from The Cake Blog here. Not as hard as it looks - you can buy large candy eggs and the splatter “paint” is vanilla extract and cocoa powder. After taking cake decorating classes I can tell you the key to smooth frosting is the initial “crumb coat” of frosting. The next layer of frosting can be smoothed out with a hot knife. First seen at Oh Happy Day here.
high res ►
Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day Food and Tutorials.
- Party on the Inside, Party On the Outside St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cake with M&M’s Tutorial from Brit + Co here.
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Boxes from Studio DIY here.
- DIY Rainbow Trifle using instant cake mix and pudding. How-to at Come Together Kids here.
- DIY Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow Using Twizzlers and M&M’s with Free Printables from it is what it is here.
- Rainbow Pancakes Using a Mix from live and love…out loud here.
- Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow using Licorice and chocolate from JCasa Handmade here.
- Leprechaun Trap from The Crafting Chicks here.
- St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Charms and Green Milk with Free Printable from Thoughtfully Simple here.
- Green Ombre Cake Tutorial from I am Baker here.
DIY Party on the Inside, Party On the Outside St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cake Tutorial from Brit + Co here. This is an instant mix cake with six layers, M&M’s covering the frosting on the outside, and an easy tutorial to follow. Really. *Tip: Buy Wilton Gel food coloring because it lasts forever and you use a toothpick to add it into whatever you are coloring because the colors are that vibrant - a lesson I learned in cake decorating class.
For another amazing St. Patrick’s Day Cake check out one of my most popular food posts ever: this shamrock ombre green cake here.
high res ►
truebluemeandyou: DIY Oreo Puddin’ Poke Cake. One of my more popular food posts - and I pretty much try all the ones I post so look at my EDIT.
DIY Oreo Puddin’ Poke Cake. Recipe at The Country Cook here. Cake mix, cookies ‘n cream instant pudding and lots of milk. I have not made this but the comments were all positive as well as those on Pinterest. *EDIT: make lots of holes all over cake for pudding to seep into. Also, I made this last night and I loved it, my significant other liked it a lot but another person thought it was unhealthy and tasted weird. Would I make it again? Definitely
truebluemeandyou: DIY St. Patrick’s Day Ombre Cake. Why does this cake have so many notes? It was on Tumblr Radar last year. For lots of cute and easy St. Patrick’s Day DIYs like food, rainbow printable boxes, a Leprechaun Trap etc… go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/st-patricks-day
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Ombre Cake. St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th and I live near a city that holds one of the largest St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the US with a selected “Colleen”, so St. Patrick’s Day is huge here. Tutorial from I am Baker here. *No recipe but you can a get a recipe for cake anywhere or use a mix.