DIY Elastic Shirred Sleeveless Peasant Top Tutorial from By Hand London here. Have you ever wanted to try shirring? This is a really easy to understand tutorial. I love that they say to practice first, because you absolutely must to get the tension right on your sewing machine.
DIY Full Circle Foolproof Skirt Tutorial from By Hand London here. This afternoon I got a message asking about tutorials for circle skirts that actually worked and remembered this one that I hadn’t posted. There are calculations for full, half and quarter circle skirts.
high res ►
DIY Beautiful Handpiece Tutorial from By Hand London here. Minimal tutorial but look at the diagram and if you have basic jewelry skills this will be an easy project. Love the filigree charm on the bracelet and the bead on the ring. And again, thank you for not calling it a “slave bracelet” like this big blog did here. *For more handpiece jewelry posts go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/handpiece
DIY Metallic Galaxy Tee Shirt Tutorial from By Hand London here. This galaxy tee tutorial is a little different because it uses metallic colors and bleach - so a different type of galaxy emerges. For more galaxy tutorials go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/galaxy
Also, I received a question about whether you could use bleach for a galaxy design using NYLON and did some research since I’ve only used cotton when dyeing. The answer is NO. What you can do and more info:
- You can use Rit Dye Color Remover instead here.
- The more scholarly article is here: www.pburch.net/dyeing/FAQ/nylon.shtml
- RIt Dye has a page on what their dye will dye and won’t here: http://www.ritdye.com/dyeing-techniques/tips-success It also states: about Nylon:
- To help achieve a more intense color, add 1 cup white vinegar to the dyebath, especially when dyeing in the washing machine. When dyeing smaller amounts of fabric using the bucket or stove-top method, add 1/2 cup white vinegar after the fabric has been in the dyebath for 5 minutes.
- Rit dyes nylon very easily and quickly.
- To avoid wrinkling, do not exceed a water temperature of 180º F.
- After dyeing, allow fabric to cool down before rinsing in cool water.
high res ►
DIY No Sew Dipped Hem Tank Top Tutorial from By Hand London here. *I posted another dipped hem tank from By Hand London that was embellished with studs on the back here.