DIY Dr. L. Hofstadter’s Compendium of the Human Skull Altered Book Tutorial and Printables from Seeing Things here. Really detailed tutorial on how to alter a book from one of my favorite altered books and Halloween sites.
DIY Braided Cord Book Corner Necklace Tutorial from My White Idea here. You can buy cheap book corners in lots of finishes and patterns at crafts stores and on Etsy here.
Roundup of DIY Mini Book Jewelry Tutorials:
- DIY Easiest Book Cover Pendants Ever Tutorial (Two Butterflies) here.
- MY FAVORITE. DIY Mini Book Necklaces with Charms (Art by Wendy) here.
- DIY Mini Book Pendant (Scrapshopchallenge) here.
- DIY Teeny Tiny Leather Spell Book (Ruby Murrays Musings) here.
- DIY Anthropologie Inspired Library Stack Necklace (Crafster) here.
- DIY Knockoff Library Stack Necklace from Anthropologie (Scene of Sublime) here.
DIY Recycled Book to On the Go Mini Art Studio Tutorial from Crafts Unleashed. Detailed tutorial using lots of glue and staples and some machine sewing (that you could do by hand). For another book to sketch book tutorial go here. For more book clutches go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-book-clutch and for more recycled book DIYs go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/books
DIY Inspiration: Book Art by Ekaterina Panikanova here. Printing on book pages taken to a whole new level. Go to the link to see many more of her book art creations. First seen at Natural History here.
DIY Harry Potter Quiet Book from juliebell on Etsy. The pattern for the 11 page book is $10. For lots more photos go here. Included in the pattern are:
- Opening Harry’s letter
- Unzipping the castle doors
- Practicing magic with Ron
- Driving Harry and Ron to school
- Tying Harry’s scarf
- Catching the Snitch
- Navigating the Hedge Maze
- Destroying scary spiders
- Velcroing clothes on Hermione
truebluemeandyou: from my kids blog. This would make such a great gift for kids, nieces, nephews, etc…