I was told to go on a “high fiber diet” !!
truebluemeandyou: This is what happens when Donatella at inspiration & realisation decides to repupose her beloved SMEG. When the freezer door shuts it’s as if the SMEG is saying, “Get outta here!”
Do you have old CDs and CD cases lying around? Repurpose them with these 10 DIY projects, including a planter!
Truebluemeandyou: I love these projects. I’ve been asked several times if I have tutorials to recycle CDs and their cases so I did a roundup of nine ideas for reusing CDs here. For even more ideas recycling CDs and DVDs like a greenhouse, free printable CD and DVD antique clock faces, color pencil carrying cases, chess and checkers set, CD weaving and more go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/cds
Turn Paperback Books into Plastic Wallets or Purses
Truebluemeandyou: In the comments people were questioning whether these hold up. After doing this project (thousands of times for checkbook covers, IDs and purses) I can say that yes they do after YEARS of hard use, and I have additional hints:
- Use Fun Color Thread
- I used plastic for BOTH sides and sandwiched the tissue paper between the layers - easier to sew
- You can use tissue paper, frayed ribbon, sequins, movie stubs, glitter etc… inside the plastic and it will probably be easier to sew
- I used velcro for the closure (so much easier than snaps)
- Make whatever it is a little larger than you think you will need
- A like the small or large clutch size because then you show it off
- Not all sewing machines “like” plastic. My ancient metal singer sewing machine is the one that worked feeding the plastic through properly
These are simply magical. It feels like they could start crawling at any second. I want one as a pet!
Truebluemeandyou: Remember when I got a question about what to do with drawers a couple of days ago here? Love these!