… this guy was getting rid of about 5-10 excel mint tins. I couldn’t let him throw them away, I knew there was something I could do with them. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking I could use them as stocking stuffers… but, I just cannot come up with an interesting craft/DIY project.
truebluemeandyou: I had never heard of excel mint tins until I googled them and then found there were almost no tutorials on altering them. Are these kind of like rounded Altoids tins? I have several posts for Altered Altoids Tins here. SUGGESTIONS FROM READERS WANTED!
- itiscolorfulhere answered: Decorate them and use them to keep mints, necessary medications, bobby pins, etc in your purse! :)
- imeverythingbagel answered: the opening is a little door on the end…but they could be used the same way, sewing kits or whatever!
fernandagarza answered: I use those types of tins for my earrings and rings when I go away on trips :)
luna1427 answered: i’ve always wanted to send party invitations in mint tins and with this kind of tin, maybe in a button book style or a scroll?
- assbuttdesu answered: excel mints are the same as eclipse mints (and gum) sold in the US. it’s a rectangular prism kind of metal container. um I can go find it for you but I saw a tutorial on youtube a while back about turning an altoids tin into a mini guitar, but if you google “altoids tin to guitar”, you’ll see instructables articles in the first few results. I’m guessing one could do the same to excel mint tins then?
- ireallylikemuffins answered: I have a tin like this that I use as an emergency sewing kit. It could also be turned into a baby first aid kit. Emergency hair ties/pins…
- tra-verse answered: buy mints or w/e and personalize the cans w/ paint pictures or stickers to make it look like a special brand of mints for that person
- inspirationrealisation answered: glue a magnet on one side, place some soil and tiny greens in it and you have a mini garden on your fridge (paint them, optional!)
- dorothyjean answered: I use my Altoids tin as a wallet you could cover it with paint or polyclay