magic-by-candlelight asked you:
Hey there I was wondering if you or your crafty friends could help me with a re-purposing project. A while ago a friend of mine gifted me a pair of stud earrings despite me never having my ears pierced (nor do I plan on it). She passed recently and I’d really like to turn these earrings into something I can wear regularly. Can you help me out with some ideas? :)
Truebluemeandyou: You could wear them on your collar and leave them plain or attach a fine chain between the two.
I can’t wear my earrings anymore due to continuing problems (and I have pierced ears), so does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with stud earrings you can’t wear anymore but want to keep for sentimental reasons?
- ihopeyougethitbyatruck answered: You can get clip ons that allow you to stick the stud in them :) converters, I think they’re called.
- t-oxictomyself answered: you can make a necklace and cellphone charms
- inbetwinxt answered: I like to decorate bags/purses etc with decorative charms and I usually use safety pins but a stud would be cute!
- thoselate-summernights answered: You can used them as brooches.
- itwasyourheart answered: You could get one of those tiny glass bottles (the ones used as charms) and put the earrings in it, and attach it to a chain for a necklace.
- fourthefloors answered: stick them through the ends of your collar when you wear a collared shirt.
- moose-be-love answered: ive also seen stud earrings used as push pins/thumb tacks on a cork board. cute way to organize and saves you from having to buy plain ones.
- inspirationrealisation answered: if the earrings are big enough, they can be used as cufflinks:remove the button from the cuff and pierce through the buttonhole and the cuff.
- terranovajenya answered: If you have a really low-cut wrap top/dress, you can use an earring to hold it together and add a pretty embellishment to your top/dress.