Roundup of Nine Elbow Patche Tutorials: for an Elbow Worn Sweater Jacket. I purposely chose tutorials that were not just decorative, but could actually fix a sweater. I received a question from uhohohno:
Hello! I was just wondering, would you happen to know any good elbow patch tutorials? Not like the fake ones that the hipsters like to attach to their jackets though.:)) I mean real ones? I thrifted an amazing knit jacket for almost nothing and was really excited but then realized that it hurts to keep my elbows on the table for more than 2 minutes, so I’d like to add patched to it. Thanks!
- Easy felt patch solution - but make sure not to get the really cheap felt (Clothed Much) here.
- Tutorial shows you how to darn and fix a whole in a sweater, then make and sew on the patch (Freshly Picked) here.
- DIY elbow patch (goldstarstyle.tumblr.com) here.
- Duplicate stitch elbow patches with a link to how to reinforce/darn knitted material (One Sheepish Girl) here.
- Simple Elbow Patch - but mend the hole first (tiredtalk.tumblr.com) here.
- How to mend holes with fusible adhesive and then patch (Craftzine) here.
- Needle felted patches - I picked this tutorial from Honestly…WTF because they always have good directions and links to materials here.
- Lace Patch - pretty but not sure how comfortable (pierogi picnic) here.
- Patches to fix huge holes (The Knitty Gritty Homestead) here.